Monday, November 23, 2009

First REAL Patient!

If my sister really counts;) Today was very beneficial to me. I really like to know how one full appointment would go. I got a lot further than I expected to. My sister was only a 1B and had zero calculus pretty much. So I can't count on getting as far if I have a class I or II perio patient, but I'm glad I had this oportunity! I scaled two quads, so her next appointment she'll need two more quads scaled and selective polish, flossing, and fluoride. So next time, her appointment should be pretty short! The things that frustrate me are the transferring of charts at the end and writing down everything. I think next time I will give myself more time to do that, rather than cram in one more quadrant. Well, live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment