Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bloody Mess!

Just kidding, it wasn't really bloody, just minor. Today in clinic we mostly did probing on each other. It went a lot better than I thought it would. It is still hard to see the probe in the posterior portion of the mouth. It's darker back there and the probe marks are so small. I think as I do it more often I will recognize the marking easier. I have been probed at the dental office a lot and it has never bothered me, so I wasn't too concerned about being a first patient for my pod partner. She did a really good job! Her readings were good compared to the instructors, and it didn't hurt! I feel pretty good about it too. All of my readings were one off or the same as the instructors so I feel pretty confident, but I am SOOOO SLOW! Hopefully speed comes with time as with everything else we've learned so far!
I also passed off the mirror grasp and fulcrum PE, the instrument grasp PE, and the Extra-Oral PE. Lots of things accomplished today! I feel like today was very productive! Welp, see ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Emily is lying....her mouth was a bloody mess!! And she said it didn't hurt, but I'm pretty sure I was doing it wrong. Oh well....at least my numbers were close!!

    ReplyDelete