Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Class III or IV!

Today I had my class III patient! I was able to do her OD. Well... she ended up being a mix up class III and IV. But this will be a good experience for me! She was given some lidocaine at the beginning of the appointment because touching her gums made her jump. I was able to probe but scaling she still didn't like so Pro. Costley gave her more. She had so much infection in her mouth that it was neutralizing the anesthetic. I was able to get one quadrant done though. It was really hard because she had 8mm pockets and they were super sensitive. It is interesting to see this condition and educational, but very sad. She is in so much pain. I hope that when I'm done she will feel so much better and continue with her continuing care. I hope to pass off my area specific PE on monday when she comes back!

No comments:

Post a Comment