Monday, April 12, 2010

Class III

Today I had my class III patient in again. I did her upper left quadrant which is really a class IV and the dentist said that she needs to get two teeth pulled from that quadrant because they are mobile and pretty much don't have any bone structure around them. And I also did the lower left quadrant. As I was going around each tooth getting off what I thought was biofilm, I went back to check my work and it was all back? What the #&@^?? So she had so much infection that was oooozzzing out that it would kind-of solidify and look like biofilm but as soon as I would clean it off, more would come out. Instructor Vining was "milking" it from her palate. It was pretty gross. Dr. Hopkin came and took a look and told her to get some teeth pulled and put her on an antibiotic. He told her that a couple of other teeth are really close to having to be pulled, so a good cleaning and taking really good care of them is the only way she's going to keep them. It's really sad that her condition is this severe but I don't understand why people wait so long to seek any help? Anyway, it was reall cool to see and really gross at the same time. But it was a good experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment