Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm Back!

So today I had a patient with a huge medical history. I feel so bad for her, she's an elderly lady that had pretty much everything in the book. She's constantly at the Dr.'s office and then I made her sit here for 2 1/2 hours. After starting her OD, she started sweating everywhere. She told me her blood sugar is probably dropping. She checked it and it was at 50! WHAT! Dang it! I told her I couldn't see her with it being that low. She ate some cookies and we chatted and waited, and waited. She checked it again and it went up to 86 so I was able to get the OD done and that's it. She is scheduled to come back. She was very nice!
My second patient is a funny man! He was chuckling through his whole appointment. He is a class III and I was able to get two quadrants done! Yay!! He was super cooperative with me and was a very good patient! He is also scheduled to come back and get finished! So today turned out better than it started! I'm just glad I accomplished something today!

1 comment:

  1. Dang! Where is everyone getting these class III? That's awesome you got two quads done already!

    ReplyDelete